Wednesday 7 May 2008

A little taste of France in Arbonne

In two hours Jennifer and Jean Marie will be taking me to SJPP where I will start to walk tomorrow. The last two days have been so very nice. J and JM's home is lovely, and comfortable, and built in the typical Basque style as required by the council of the area:




I slept soundly for two nights in a lovely room in a sort of attic with little windows which let in the fresh country air as well as the sounds of the birds and the occasional crow of the local rooster which I especially like. From my bedroom window I can see the garden shed, the neighour's house and the mountains I will climb tomorrow.



I have tried some lovely new and interesting dishes which have included duck fillet, local mushrooms and even had raw baby artichoke hearts with a little butter and a salt with chilles (La Force Basque, production de : un melanges de fleur de sel, persil plus garlic, plus piment d'espelette et baies roses).


It is time for me to go to SJPP now....with a little fear....in my tummy..........

2 comments:

marianas adventures said...

Buen Camino Clarisa
:)
I have already sent you 2 comments so not sure if your getting them.
Hope all is going as planned for you and not finding it to difficult getting over those mountains. Looking forward to seeing more photos i suppose it will take some time to get to an internet place.

Buen Camino Clara !!!

marianas adventures said...

I have just read your recent stories on your blog!! My goodness it is amazing what you are experiencing!! Seen the photos of the camino - pure mud paths!!! The places where you are staying in....what more can i say. Be strong I know you are. You are my hero to think you are half way. We worked out that you have walked the equivalent distance of: half way between Melbourne and Adelaide which is incredible over 300 kms.... I know that distance wow. Amazing - and along with it all the hardships, and beautiful experiences. Well done!!!! Buen Camino Clara. Love you.xxxxxxxxx
Mariana