Tuesday 20 May 2008

I can now do a 20 to 22 km day!

I don´t know how but now I can walk 20 km in a day, which I need to do to get to Santiago on time. As it is I think I am going far too slow and I may need to do 25 or 27 km days. Fortunately I have not had a single blister!!! You should see the blisters some of the men have! I think it is because they think they are blister proof...yesterday I met a handsome policeman, from Valencia, who was doing the Camino in 18 days, because that was all the time he had. Jesus was walking because his 18 year old son fell down 8 floors while working, and broke several bones, and he swore that if his son survived and walked again, he would go to Santiago....he did 50 km yesterday and of course I haven´t seen him since!

4 comments:

Mum said...

Felicitaciones y lo mejor de todo sin ampollas. Hay mucha gente en al Camino? Donde dormiste la ultima noche?
XXX
Mum

marianas adventures said...

Have not heard any news for a while. You must not have access to a computer. Just letting you know that we are thinking about you. Cannot wait to hear what adventures you have had in the last 7 days.
xxxxxxxx
Mariana

Anonymous said...

Hola Clarisa,

¿Viste este poema dicen está escrito antes de llegar a Najera? Lo incluyo aquí, pero tú cuenta: ¿qué dejan los peregrinos para señalar que han estado ahí? ¿Dejarás algo tú?

XXOO

Anita

Polvo, barro, sol y lluvia
es camino de Santiago.
Millares de peregrinos
y mas de un millar de años.

Peregrino ¿Quién te llama?
¿Que fuerza oculta te atrae?
Ni el campo de las estrellas
ni las grandes catedrales.

No es la bravura navarra,
ni el vino de los riojanos
ni los mariscos gallegos
ni los campos castellanos.

Peregrino ¿Quién te llama?
¿Que fuerza oculta te atrae?
Ni las gentes del Camino
ni las costumbres rurales.

No es la historia y la cultura,
ni el gallo de la Calzada
ni el palacio de Gaudí,
ni el castillo de Ponferrada.

Todo lo veo al pasar,
y es un gozo verlo todo,
mas la voz que a mi me llama
la siento mucho más hondo.

La fuerza que a mi me empuja
la fuerza que a mi me atrae,
no sé explicarla ni yo
¡Solo el de arriba lo sabe!

Unknown said...

Hello Claris,,we wish all the best Alma and Ewa